Monday, November 12, 2007

Autumn Pizza





Roasted Butternut Squash, Proscuitto, Mozzarella and Basil



Today was a stormy day here in the Northwest with heavy wind and rain. What could be better than to fire-up the wood burning pizza oven and make a few pies. I made three different pizzas; however, the best was the Autumn Pizza. I made a fresh Napoletana pizza dough with Caputo Tipo "00" flour (from Italy), water and fresh yeast. The topping was Prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, roasted butternut squash puree and basil. I will definitely add this to my "Fall" line-up. We enjoyed them with a lovely bottle of Rosso from Piedmont.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. and Kate Hirsch,

I can't believe you have a pizza oven in your house. How great!

Another friend of mine (Nary El Hawary) wanted to know who our dentist is so I'm forwarding her your website link and I started roaming around in it.

Very cool!
Kim Reid (As in Kim, Simon, Curtis, and Kate)